Thursday, December 11, 2008

Birds

Getting up at 4.15 in the morning is for the birds, and people with 6 am flights apparently. I'm hoping for a little sleep time on the way to JFK and then even better sleep from there to Barbados! I'll be in Barbados facilitating a training and then enjoying the 80 degree weather. While Boston was in the 50's yesterday afternoon, it rained the entire day! That didn't stop me for getting in a little less than 2 miles, but that was more out of necessity than desire.

Parking in Boston can be nightmarish, especially when learning the system! That's a story for a whole other post. So last night I parked in a garage by my gym, which is about 2 miles away. Can you see what I mean by nightmarish? Anyways, the garage is safe but most importantly it's in expensive. Well, not normally, plus it's not the type of garage that caters toward or even expects multi-day stays. It's more of a multi-hour garage. But thankfully, my gym must have a deal w/ the garage that allows for self-serve validated parking at the gym. Again, I'm thinking that their intent was a couple of hours at max, not days. So half a year's of membership fees (I've got a good family deal) usually pays for itself during one of these trips.

So after dropping the car off my ticket home is a run. It was quite chilly and rainy at that point in the day, but my REI rain jacket worked wonders and I might have even been over dressed. It's was a run that was a far cry from when I trained for Chicago in that I can't give you any numbers on the run, except the total time. I didn't use my heart rate strap, and since losing my footpod I have no ability to gauge my pace. But I did feel a little sluggish and I attrubuted that immediately to the hard run the previous day. But it was nice to get out, even if it was for only 16 minutes and based off necessity. I think today will be a rest day, or maybe a easy day with walking around the island, but hopefully I'll get at least 1 good running story from the trip. Saturday my host said there was a run w/ beers and rum after it in a group setting. Sounds like my kind of run. As well as for the fact it'll be in the 80's!

Dave

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]

No comments: