Wednesday, July 11, 2007

High Five


Remember that episode of Sienfeld when Jerry's buying a new car from David Putty, and Putty keeps saying "High five" to Jerry? High five! That's me asking you for a high five - for the five miles that I busted out tonight in the sweltering heat and humidity this evening (had to be 90%+ humidity at 8.30). I didn't feel too sore this evening, except for the first couple of steps, but I'm sure I'll be paying for this run tomorrow. I was exhausted afterwards and in need of some food so I started cooking, and then ate, and then needed some down time so I never got around to the stretching. Ugh, tomorrow will be fun. Average heart rate during the run was 165 beats/minute, with a max of 179. Check out the graph for my ever rising heart rate. Again, nothing to write home about with my pace - 8:47 per mile - but for the second run, a 5 miler at that - I'm not gonna complain. I'm just happy that I got out again! Tomorrow's a 3 miler and a little strength training. I'd like to do it in the morning at the gym, but it's pretty late right now. I'll get it done at some point during the day!

1 comment:

EM said...

Congrats on the start! Keep up the good work :)