Tuesday, July 10, 2007

No Peaking

Today was the first step of the rest of my training. I managed to make it out this evening - and was looking forward to it all day - for a few miles. Three easy miles around the Brookline Reservoir with a little Josh Rouse "Subtitulo" kickin' on my iPod - mellow, but upbeat enough to keep me movin'. The proof is in the pudding. Okay, actually, the proof is in the data - which I had to post! Nothing to write home about (but plenty to write on a blog about - ha!), with an average heart rate of 148, maximum of 158; and an 8:59 mile pace. Like I said, nothing to write home about but it's a start. Gotta give it up to Em for her track workout on Monday of mile repeats - 4 in the mid to low 7's! Impressive. Maybe that'll be be me in several weeks, but right now I'm looking forward to tomorrow's comfortable 5 miler!

No comments: