Monday, July 9, 2007

Inspiration & Slacker

Okay, so this expirement is not going well thus far. Although I have yet to go for a run since my first blog (this pains me to write it just as much as it pains you to read it) - and I have plenty of excuses to justify this lack of running - my one initial post has inspired someone else to jump into the cyber space library. Glenna Wilson, Jenn's lovely mother, decided that it was time to immortalize her words on some server somewhere for the entire world to read - if they can find it. So that you can find it, check it out here.

Another positive note towards my first running step of this training, is that I have secured the services of my brother, Joe, to train me. Joe knows a thing or two about endurance sports (check out his CV here) - so I feel confident in his abilities. Or, will this be a continuation of the tormenting he did to me as children? Actually, I think this will be more painful. After accepting Joe's offer to train me, he indicated that I should enjoy the weekend because it would be my last free one till October 14th! I heeded this advice and sat on my butt most of the weekend (except for helping my gf move to a new epartment).

Today's workout was "30-60min of cross training." Hmmm... I had to wait for my new bed (a Miralux) after work, but I did mop the bedroom floor in like 80 degree heat and worked up a good sweet. I don't think it was 30 minutes of areobic activity, but at least have a clean bedroom floor and a bed to sleep on!

Oh, I also restored all my Polar Heart Rate data since it was lost when I upgraded laptops. Now I can look BACK to when I used to train! Okay, no joke. Tomorrow's gonna be a good day. Can't wait to show everyone my workout summary!

1 comment:

EM said...

All it takes is one good workout and then you'll be hooked on the training! As I was doing my workout last night I thought about how I used to complain about doing certain workouts. Now I was doing mile repeats...on my own...with a sore back...in 80+ heat. That made me feel proud off myself and helped me push even harder to finish the workout. The workout was 4x1600m at 10k pace with 3 min recovery. I started a little conservative with a 7:25 and 7:27 but finished strong with a 7:16 and 7:18. Some how I always gravitate to the speed workouts :) Still need to get a long run in.

YOU CAN DOOOO IT!